Sunday 22 February 2009

A day at the museum

I had always thought to myself after my recent trip to Bali...how come we act differently while we are on vacation? I mean, the sight of someone working in a padi field attracts our attention in Bali, where as back home, you could see a similar sight in Kedah but wouldn't even bat an eyelid. Why is this? Have you ever wondered why?

Thus, I have decided to go on a journey (time permitting) to explore what we have back home. Most importantly, I am on a quest to get my kids involved, so that hopefully they grow up to be more cultured individuals. Thus my first 'project' was a trip to Muzium Negara. When I suggested to my kids, surprise, surprise, they were thrilled about it.

So plans were put in motion, and soon 2 adults and 3 kids were busy admiring the many exhibits. It took us nearly half a day but it was time well spent. At the end of the day, the kids began to understand the sacrifices made by the older generation to achieve what we have today. Instead of the usual shopping malls and PlayStation games, its good to expose them to something closer to their roots once in a while or else they might end up as soulless people of the future. So here are the pictures in case you are wondering...


The kids in action....

1 comment:

Sheila Nazir said...

Wah.. nice pics babe.. looks like those coming from the school text book. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails