Thursday 5 March 2009

A year older


It was my birthday yesterday. How did I celebrated it? CaTz and I went to watch that movie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a nice movie, a bit far fetched, especially the ending when Benjamin ended up as a baby (now how you suppose that happened?), but a thought provoking movie. It dealt with life and death, and how your life flashes by at your death bed. To be honest, it didn't make me feel good about turning the big 4 zero as I started wondering how mine would be at my death bed. Oh ya btw, CaTz cried during the movie.

CaTz then took me out for a dinner treat, together with Aishah, her 'mini me', which included my favorite blueberry cheesecake with a candle on it. After dinner, surprise, surprise...I received a very nice present..something I really needed. Thanks darling.

So how does it feel turning into a different age group? Though I hate to admit it, but turning 40 makes me look at life... past, present and future in a different perspective. I used to remember classifying anyone above 40 as 'pakcik'. Now, one of these days, some one's gonna call me that. How time flies...when someone turns 40, time appears to travel very fast. Like whoosh... that moments gone.

But the good news is, I am reminded of how fortunate I am to have so many friends who remembered my birthday and wished me, either via FB, SMS, phone calls etc, even those that I have not gotten in touch for a long time. Guess sometimes I get too carried away with 'worldly' matters until I forget about everything else. So now I am making it a point to try and 'reach out' more to my friends and family. Thanks to all of you who had wished me.

Thank you CaTz for taking the trouble to make it a special day for me. Life begins at 40 some may say? We'll see.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails