Wednesday 4 February 2009

My First Wedding Job

Huhu, who would have thought...me...doing wedding photography? Well....I did that twice before, once as a favour (so that doesnt count as 'official') and the other was to bail out a friend who had to leave early while on the job (so that doesnt count as 'official' too). Guess that makes this one 'THE ONE' (official that is).

Understandably I was nervous. Why? I am not sure really. I think it may be because I dont know whether my 'taste' appeals to the bride & groom. After all, photography is a form of art and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Well I guess the groom's family had seen my work (my 2nd 'unofficial' job was during the eldest sister's wedding) or maybe they were just doing me a favor.

I couldnt sleep that night. At 2am I was still busy cleaning lenses and charging batteries. Just like a small kid with his 'new' toy. At last, I managed to put in about 3 hours of sleep. Borrowing Catz's favourite expression..."crazy"...haha.

The groom is the son of Dato' Sham & Datin Saadiah, fondly called Ijan (not sure of his full name though). The bride and groom had insisted there will be no 'bersanding' ceremony on either side, so it makes it more challenging for me to get good shots.

I would like to share with you this unique wedding reception on the groom's side. Why unique? It was a BBQ reception, with stalls serving BBQ stuff, beriyani, char kueh teow, sotong kangkung, tauhu bakar, ice kacang etc etc.

The groom's reception




The families

The groom's family


The bride's family

To the bride and groom, I wish them "Semoga bahagia ke anak cucu. Amin"

3 comments:

Sheila Nazir said...

Hola,

Why are u posting only the pic of the foods? Where are the people? hehe

Anyway, cute couple.. they look extremely happy.

floweryskies said...

ntah brape jam la si ijan kene posing :p

divechiefkaz said...

Catz: well...food is an interesting subject for me

Floweryskies: posing "on the go". ni bukan nudibranch...haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails