Thursday 12 February 2009

Mr Matty King


I was sitting there at my table, reflecting about my life, when I saw my friend, Mr Matty King, from Australia, appearing on-line yesterday. Its been a long time since I last chatted with him. The first time I met Matty was during my IDC course (Instructor Development Course) a.k.a. PADI's scuba instructor's exam. I spent nearly 3 weeks with this guy on Perhentian island. Studying, diving, eating etc. Well the course and exams were like 2 weeks, the rest we just laze about doing nothing but diving.

When it was time to head back to KL, we took the same bus. It was the first time I had ever used a RM3k (after conversion from AUD1k) sleeping bag. We used his sleeping bag as the air conditioning on the bus was too cold. I remembered so clearly, I was amazed by it. Its rated for sleeping in minus 30 degrees and yet I didn't feel 'hot' like the normal ones I had used before. Its warm and very comfy.

I met him again when he stopped by here with his girlfriend en route to China. They were spending sometime in China, working as English teachers there. Every year during winter, they spend their time traveling.

For this year, Matty has come up with a plan...Motorbike trip from Singapore to China...him, Serena (wife) and Tristan (bro-in law). He asked me to tag along. I asked him how long you plan to be away? 7 months came the reply. Like wow...that's long dude. So in the end, I told him I'll tag along for the Malaysian part of his tour..roughly about 7 days on my trusty motorbike. Details are sketchy at this moment, but tentatively it starts on 28th April 2009. I am actually looking forward to it. I wish it's tomorrow.

Nothing but the open road . Maybe that's what I need...to re-charge my internal spirit.

P/S: Any bikers interested to join us?

2 comments:

Sexy Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sexy Momma said...

Can i ride u baby?

Related Posts with Thumbnails