Friday 17 April 2009

Something forgotten

Alamak...in my rush to post this article, titled 'Senseless Killings', I had forgotten to acknowledge and give due credit to the source of the photographs that I had uploaded. It was CaTz that actually reminded me about it today. Being a photographer myself, this is unethical (even though she has given them at will). So I would like to thank Ryzah, a good friend, for the pictures and email.

An update: a complain was lodged with the respective ministry through a friend working somewhere up there. Within days, a team of officers were there including the Ketua Pengarah (KP) to investigate. Its a toxicating cocktail of jurisdiction, indigenous people, livelihood etc etc. For example, federal has no jurisdiction over Sabah state Taman Laut and that this case was never highlighted before. The KP was shocked to see the pictures. Even if things came out in the papers, we cant just assume the authorities are aware of it.

Well, lets hope that something good comes out from this. If the KP cant do anything, then there is definitely no hope left for our marine life...a very sad episode for future generations.

2 comments:

CaTz said...

Huhu.. yeah... think i've seen those pics somewhere before..

Hazyr said...

Laaa.... it's ok, acknowledgement is unnecessary. The main thing is something is done to highlight the plight of the sharks and save them from extinction.

I don't want my kids to see how sharks look like only from textbooks ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails