Friday 16 April 2010

A New Chapter In My Life...Part 2

.... continued

On to the 'kenduri' ceremony. My family were the ones in Turquoise while CaTz's family were the ones in Pink. Since it was a second wedding for the both of us, we were not that big with the idea of a too formal ceremony. We just want to be surrounded by families and friends, in a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. Thus to create the mood, CaTz added balloons to the standard decoration. We even had balloons on the 'pelamin'.



Originally I had just wanted to wear a songkok for the ceremony and no 'bersanding'. When relatives heard that there is a 'pelamin', plans were changed yet again to include 'merenjis' as part of the ceremony. When my uncle heard that I am using 'songkok' for 'bersanding', he persuaded me to wear a 'tengkolok' instead...less than 24 hours before the ceremony. Again, luck was on my side and managed to get a 'tengkolok' and 'bengkung' at 7pm. Of course when my headgear changed, CaTz just had to change hers to a tiara.


Before nap time

After nap time

CaTz's twin nephews, Amirul & Arif, 1 1/2 yrs old were gallantly attired with a bow tie and 'bengkung', with the task of leading the procession. Unfortunately, everyone forgot that the time coincide with their normal nap time....hahaha. But I must praise them for not complaining having to wear that nagging bow tie (while they were awake that is). Of course the real praise goes to their sporting mum, Diana, whom tailor made their costumes.

What is a wedding without door gifts? Clockwise: Wajik by Mak Teh, Main Table souvenirs by CaTz, 'Bunga Pahar' by Diana, Kiddie pack by CaTz, Cupcake box DIY by CaTz, Cupcakes by Sheily (SK Homebake)


Our wedding was made even more eventful by the band performance from Band 69, comprising of my ex schoolmates from Sekolah Sri Petaling (SSP) batch 1981. They made a tremendous effort to switch from their normal playing genre (rock, blues, jazz etc) to 'kenduri kahwin' genre (is there such a thing?) ... haha. You guys (and gal) certainly made my day. Thank you.

A brief breakdown of the friends that attended....







Special thanks to Jalal (MC), Azzat (Video), Shelly & Kamil (reception), Shariman (Best man... my long lost best friend), Elle Puteri (Maid of Honour), Kak Lijah (Coordinator) and those who contributed directly or indirectly to make it happen.

Last but not least, to all those who attended as well all the prayers and well wishes. I promise that you wont get another wedding invitation from me after this...hahaha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails