Monday 19 April 2010

Krabi....mmmm



When I had to make a decision where to go for our honeymoon, I had wanted to go to a new place where I haven't been before. I had been on live aboard dive trips around Krabi, namely Hin Daeng Hin Muang and Similan Islands, but I haven't been in Krabi, only Phuket.



Deep down inside, I had hoped for a dive or two off Phi Phi Island....but hey, it was our honeymoon, so I cant really leave CaTz back in the hotel, can I? I was contended by taking CaTz on a rented motorbike, sightseeing from Ao Nang Beach, right up North to Ban Klong Son, South to Laem Hang Nak, West to Tup Kaek Beach. A photo log would best describe what we saw there....

The Night Life



The Sunset




The Massage



The Sea




The Attractions









The Food



Overall, we both really enjoyed our stay in Krabi. However, it's not as cheap as other parts of Thailand. For example, a 'jagung bakar' costs about RM5, a seafood tomyam (for 1 person) costs Rm15.

However, it's a 'balanced' place i.e. there's water activities as well as there's land activities. Being on an almost paradise like island with CaTz, everything was perfect....until I saw this.......

The Nightmare

Well, as an avid diver, instructor and conservationist, the picture above was a nightmare for me. The magnificent shark (juvenile mind you!!!) ends up as a decoration at a seafood restaurant. Now I have one less shark to take photo off underwater :(

3 comments:

Sheila Nazir said...

Thank you sayang for the great honeymoon!

Kevin said...

The senseless killing of a juvenile shark for a couple hours decoration is indeed shameless.

What was your view on how those elephants are forced to spend their lives? ...same for the snakes.

divechiefkaz said...

Hi Kevin. Somehow didn't realized there were comments on my blog.

Yeah, it was too bad about the shark. As an avid scuba instructor, I was very upset about it.

I have mixed views about the elephants. Though they were used for monetary gains, but at least they were well taken care of by the mahouts. I guess in a way, with the information given by the guide, it helps people to understand elephants better. Same goes for the snakes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails