Wednesday 14 April 2010

A New Chapter In My Life...Part 1

I had waited for 1 full month to write a blog about this new chapter in my life. Why? Unlike others who would blog instantly, for me its not the destination but the journey (such a cliche). This blog might sound a bit melancholy for some, a side of me seldom seen by my friends. But hey, it’s a once in a lifetime experience…well in my case, twice in a lifetime…haha.
After being single for years, I had decided to tie the knot. How did it come about exactly… well, cant be sure. When I met CaTz, one day I suddenly realized that I was actually leading a very lonely life. It was hidden for so long underneath the various activities I was involved in...scuba diving, 4 wheel drive, martial arts, alumni groups, NGOs, JPAM Rescue... and oh yeah, diving for dead bodies...haha. Don't get me wrong, I didn't do those stuff to forget my past, but take away all that, I am left...all alone.
 


Of course the biggest hindrance was actually in my head. Not to say that my ex traumatized me...well...at least not that much...it was just not meant to be after almost 10 years. Everyone walks out from a divorce wounded, with different level of tolerance, experience and scarring. Some visible, most suppressed so deep that it remains undetected, but plays an important role in the way we behave, think, socialize, live.. etc etc.
Some people asked me, "are you sure?", "why would you need a wife?" etc etc. The ironic thing is, the fact that they themselves, though divorced like me, have a girlfriend/boyfriend (or in the plural form) somewhere in this world, shows that they too need a companion, and yet question the logic of my decision to settle down...perhaps in a state of denial maybe??? Anyway..on with my story....
What started out as a 'simple akad nikah' ceremony during the planning stage suddenly evolved into something much more. So now we have 'akad nikah' AND 'kenduri kahwin'. We had chosen Felda Villa as its rather cozy and homely (can't stand banquet halls...too formal for my taste). As luck would have it, our date was the only date available for the 1st half of 2010. Coincidentally, it was CaTz's daughter's 14th birthday on that very day...14th March 2010.
I thought that getting married for the second time would be easier, but I was wrong. The process was still as tedious as before, if not worst. We had to attend 2 full days of 'kursus kahwin' .... surrounded by youngsters all eager to get married. The speakers capitalised on this by occasionally giving lewd remarks and scenarios. Everyone laughed except us....was it because we were the oldest couple there? Hahaha...been there, done that!!!

Oh, lets not forget about the HIV test... which was limited to only 10 couples per day, the hassle to get the approval from the respective 'Imam Jurunikah', the tailoring of wedding dresses, the determination to loose weight ...and the re-fitting of the tailored dresses due to the lost weight, securing photo/videographers, sending out invitation cards to relatives personally etc etc.

The 'akad nikah' ceremony went smoothly, without any hiccups, attended by close relatives and friends. Oh ya, in case you were wondering...I did it in 1 go ;)

Happy 1 Month Anniversary Babe

To be continued....Part 2

1 comment:

Feather Pen said...

Heartiest congratulations to u both... Life is a journey, not a guided tour...

Marriage is a journey ...together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails