Wednesday 1 July 2009

Entry from the past

Since Yahoo 360 is closing down, I was reminded by Yahoo to transfer/download my blogs from there. I had completely forgotten about it since I migrated to blogspot. This particular blog from the past reminded me about my kids and worth publishing here again for safe keeping....


Entry for October 24, 2006


It will soon be dawn on the first day of Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. The great thing about this year, my 2 sons are here with me to celebrate. Last year they only came here on the 3rd day. I am proud to say that my eldest son, Muhammad Ridhwaan 9 yrs old, fasted for the whole month. I am also proud to report that my youngest, Muhammad Imraan, 6 yrs old, fasted 10 days full, and the rest for half a day.

Imraan does sometimes almost break fast during the day, especially after playing 'perang2', but the elder bro always keeps an eye on him. Then the elder bro will give a comment like "when I was your age, I didn't have a problem fasting etc, etc". They are now closer to each other, and they look out for one another. After what they went through, its expected. As a father, I am both proud and sad. Proud because my sons are closer and wiser, but also sad because I know that its the product of my divorce.

As I look at my two sons, I realised that they shall grow up very fast. Soon, they shall go to college, university perhaps...before you know it, they shall have a family of their own. By that time, I know that I have reached the end of my journey in life and my life cycle ends as theirs begins.

3 comments:

Clairvoyant said...

Like father Like son!
Happy father day! sorry quite late to say it to you Ha..haa just read yr blog.

CaTz said...

Ok.. got u.. just read thru the whole entry.. (was on the rush just now.. for lunch with u of course!).

No wonder u wanna keep this on your new blog! Its so sweet.

divechiefkaz said...

clairvoyant: tq

CaTz: yeah, its one of my 'precious' ones as it was written during my 'recovery' period

Related Posts with Thumbnails