Monday 31 May 2010

Another mistake about buying a Malaysian car...the saga continues


To continue from my Proton Edar saga....

Ever since I blogged about this incident I am facing with Proton Edar, quite a number of friends contacted me to relate their own 'ugly' experience when dealing with Proton Edar's warranty and after sales service. Such a shame...thought I am an isolated case...but AM NOT. Most suggested that I go to the media..that's how they solved their's.


Being a former QA trained guy, I wanted to see how long does one get ANY attention from them using their 'normal' channel. Its obvious that Proton Edar FAILED in developing 'in-process' gateways or sensors when dealing with customer complains, or else my problem would have been escalated right to the top. What a pity....anyway...on with my story...

For the passed few days, I had continuously tried to call Proton Edar's Mutiara Service Centre. Same scenario, no change. Then on one occasion, a ray of hope...the receptionist gave the person in charge's mobile number. With full enthusiasm, I called. It was off...and I was disappointed.

On 29th May 2010, after FIVE days off writing to them, I received this reply from Proton I-Care....

Subject: RE: [Fwd: FW: Letter of Complain]
From: "I.CARE CENTRE PROTON EDAR"
Date: Sat, May 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Dear Sir,

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience you have been experiencing. We will look into your concerns immediately and will investigate with the said service ctr.

Thank You sir
Best Regards,

KARTHIK
PROTON i.care
Proton Edar
1-300-880-888(General Enquiry & Feedback)
1-800-888-398(24Hours Assistance)
www.proton-edar.com.my


Today I got a call from Proton Mutiara Service Centre. No apologizes, nothing..the lady only said the parts are here and I could come in to have them replaced. Pissed off, I asked her why the delay. "Oh barang tu ada, dia orang lupa call" (oh the parts are here, they forgot to call you).

From 8th March until today, 31st May, nearly 3 months (short of 9 days), I finally got a positive answer from Proton Edar.

Knowing Proton Edar, I would continue to keep my fingers crossed until I see those parts physically fitted on my car.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails