Tuesday 23 February 2010

Gym Time

Recently, I had started going to the gym again, this time at True Fitness. Ever since I had some back problem in March 2009, I had not really exercise that involves weights. I am allowed to bring another person, so I brought CaTz along. We had 2 sessions with the personal trainers, whom brought us up to speed on what and how to operate the various machines. After the first round, I felt more at home.



My first real interest in free weights happened during my teenage years. As a fan of Hulk Hogan, one day I saw a documentary about him on TV. His 'body building' supplement includes 7 raw eggs (whole egg including shell), banana and protein powder all mixed in a blender. I bought myself dumbbells, barbell and used my organ seat as a training bench. Maybe my association with uniform and martial arts organisations persuaded myself to be physically fit. I guess its also in the blood as my dad also train with weights in his younger days.

My real gym experience was at a gym in Puchong. It belonged to a former Mr Kelantan by the name of Samsuri. Since I was a regular, like everyday for 2 hours minimum, he paid special attention to me...even persuading me to train for bodybuilding competition...haha. Imagine that, me in speedos. I even tried shaving my legs once, to make my leg muscles look more defined, but I hated it...felt like a featherless chicken. So, that competing idea went out the window.

The last time I was in a gym was....sish I cant even remember when. Maybe in 2005 at the gym of Grand Seasons Hotel. Over there, there were no personal trainers, so I more or less trained on my own...everyday for 2 hours without fail. It was the determination to be fit coz I was involved with Rescue 991. I was fit, quite developed chest and strong legs.

After being plagued by back problems early last year, I had stop lifting weights or any sort of strenuous exercise. Since then, my fitness went downhill and my size went up. My developed chest became what I call as "man tits"...haha. Luckily for me, my chest is among the easiest and fastest muscle to tone. Hopefully, I have the discipline and the time to make this training regime part of my daily routine.

3 comments:

Sheila Nazir said...

Oh my gowd.. i look so fat..

Anonymous said...

alamak Mr Fitness... Good for you... and yes, take care of your back as well.

How's things with Life, Work & Family??
Dengar2 nasi minyak dah on the way, bila lagi bro??
Don't wait too long...

Take Care...

Anonymous said...

Salam bro...

Hopefully u got back in shape to make sure yr performance...

Especially yr back problem

Ok bro...HAPPY WORKOUT

Related Posts with Thumbnails