Thursday 8 October 2009

Fish Tank? Haiyo

I cant sleep tonight...don't know why. Maybe its because I had slept in front of the TV while watching CSI. Maybe also coz they haven't bank in my pay even though its pay day. How to honour the numerous standing instructions for all my bills? Thus a round of juggling act, defeating the purpose of subscribing to the convenience of standing instructions in the first place...to no fault of mine. If this goes on, maybe I need to....well, we'll see.

The topic this time is on environment. Everyone is talking about it, in the papers, on talk shows, on radios (Ean from Hits morning crew diving with sand tiger sharks in Aquaria) etc etc. I came across this poster last week when I was over at this particular shopping mall across the road from my office.


I thought to myself...wah! very good la. I have always been passionate about protecting the environment and had blogged a few times about it. I was happy until I went through the door and what do I see? Something that irritates me......a tank of marine fishes. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Hello....don't they know that marine life is also something that we must protect? Don't they know how these creatures were 'harvested' from their home among the reef? Don't they know how inhumane the method is? Don't they know the kind of devastation to the marine ecosystem as a result of this 'harvesting' method?

Let's not just talk about the environment....talk is cheap. Do something about it with sincerity... and not just for cheap publicity stunts. We are surrounded by insincerity all the time...insincere election promises, insincere community programs, insincere articles... lets not do the same to mother earth.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails