Monday 1 June 2009

Operasi Jaya Pt 3 - What can I say?

Someone actually asked me to blog about the incident. I don't have anything much to say... except for the following...

Different characters appeared on the scene. Some to do work, some to show who is the boss, and some just to 'take a look'. However, in the actual act of curiosity, they entered the yellow zone, stepping over the yellow police line. The line was there for their safety, as the remaining building could collapse at anytime. No matter how big a post you hold, or how powerful you are, that head of yours wouldn't stand a chance against all that concrete and steel. So people, next time, have some respect and do not step over the line.

I find this sign very amusing

A well built man came to our PKTK (Pos Kawalan Tempat Kejadian), he didnt say anything, but kept looking at the board as if looking for something. So I asked him, "encik ni cari siapa?". "Maaf pak, saya ini orang Indonesia, mau cari orang bernama F (not his real name). Saya bertanyakan sama kawannya, semuanya tidak tau". Then I looked at the board. There he was, MIA #4 on the list, Mr F. So I told him that F was listed as missing. He looked motionless, composed, said thank you but just stood there. Then I asked him, "Mas ini siapa dengan F?". "Adik saya" came the answer. That's when the emotions were too much for him. I saw tears swell up in his eyes and one of my guys immediately put his hand over him. We sat him down, put a hand over his shoulder, gave him a drink and offered words of encouragement/condolences. Its one of those scenes that would continue to haunt me for a long, long time.

Imagine having this info on the board, x Mangsa Cedera, x Mangsa Negatif, x Cebisan Manusia. How do you define 'cebisan manusia'? Worst still, how do you know whether 'it' actually comes from which victim? Pieces of flesh and bones that hours ago was an actual living human? Being crushed by 2 layers of concrete floor can mashed up a human body real bad. The cebisan could be Mr F, but then again it may not be.

May their souls rest in peace. Al Fatihah

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails