Thursday 10 April 2008

My CAT found..part 2


I shall continue …..

0430hrs – CAT was stolen right in front of my house in Taman Melewar. My mum was reciting Quran at the time had actually gone to the window and saw CAT being driven off. She thought it was me responding to an emergency call.

0730hrs – CAT spotted by the main road Gombak (from Karak) – Sentul near the new exit to Taman Selasih. The guy who spotted it was another 4WD’er whom evidently is an admirer of fine vehicles (we off road people have this strange fetish of big cars with big tyres). He thought that it belongs to the contractor building the road.

0930hrs – After I had gone downstairs, fully dressed for a day’s work, my mum looked at me and said that my staff had came by to take CAT this morning. I tried calling him but he didn’t answer. So I thought maybe it was an emergency that he came and drove off without telling me (he has a spare key).

1000hrs – My staff arrived. Confirmed, CAT was stolen.

1112hrs – After tedious communication to almost everyone we know, I lodged my police report at IPD Sentul.

2239hrs – A guy by the name Yusri called to ask whether CAT was a stolen vehicle. Informed me the location and promised to wait until someone arrives. Call the Investigating Officer (IO) and informed him. I had actually asked his assistance to send over a MPV as I was away in Cheras. He gave me reasons like ‘susah nak jumpa’ etc and finally asked me to get my friends to go. I called Gerakan and seek their help.

2330hrs – I arrived at location. After assessing the condition of CAT, I called up the IO again. I describe the damages to CAT and also the missing items. I also told him that we found a ‘molested’ motorbike near where CAT was which we suspected was stolen. All he told me was to take CAT home and come to the police station tomorrow to lodge a report.

2345hrs – Due to the damages to the door locks, we decided to tow CAT to Gerakan. It is by far the safest place as it’s always full of people.

When CAT was stolen, with the help of some friends, almost everyone was alerted. Police, Highway Patrol, Border Patrol, tow trucks, taxis …even the Police Air Wing. Information was conveyed thru the use of amateur radio network, SMS, emails, phone calls…and within minutes, almost everyone knew. When CAT was found, most of the people turned up to view the car and share their thoughts, JPA3, tow trucks, people from the press (TV3, Harian Metro)…almost all parties represented except….the police.

CAT was certainly covered in fingerprints of the culprits. Not even a photo was taken. No wonder crime is on the increase if this is the way an act of crime is investigated. I am glad that I had ‘anak gajah’ back, sure I got my car back, but I still lost about RM10,000 worth of rescue equipments.



I am sad the way this case was handled. With all the recent pay rise, increase in manpower and logistics…its surprising if they can still blame it on low morale. Just now I tried asking the Senior Investigating Officer (SIO), an ASP, about their investigation procedure and all I got was a short laugh and a dumb look. He told me no need to take photos, fingerprints, case closed and I can go home.

I am sure the culprits will be back. Do I have to wear a cape and run around wearing my underwear on the outside in order to put crooks behind bars? Hmmm…maybe I will go shopping for red underwear just in case….

8 comments:

free diVer said...

ADOI!! 10k still OK compare to 33k, anyhow, I assume Dive Equipment Jalan Terus?? Im so sorry to hear BUT look at the bright side, Anak Gajah is back HOME SWEET HOME but need lots of fixing to do...

One reminder or next step, NOW you could wonder around who would buy the Stolen Stuffs...

najibest said...

nice to hear that the car's found. diving equipments all gone? i guess can alert divers also about stolen diving equipments that might be going on the market...

divechiefkaz said...

hi free diver & najibest. yes, some of my dive gears were taken. the one i really missed...my bcd u.s. diver alcyone. had it since 1997 and gave me no problems. i think dia merajuk sbb i took out my new zeagle search & rescue bcd.

tq for stopping by.

ardy said...

Red underwear? You gotta be kidding me!

You look better in an orange underwear :p

ShawnSharif said...

so sorry to hear that.

seriously, dah jumpe ur CAT trus consider case closed? good thing u got all those contacts to lend a hand. but seriously, they can say, case closed camtu je? me rendered speechless =|

kalo u nak jadi superhero x sesuai la pakai cape... cemane nk dive cmtu?

divechiefkaz said...

ardy: orange underwear? hmmmm...know where i can get some?

shawn: me also. surprising kan? no wonder kat klia pun robbers can get away with it. as for the cape, can dive...from below, look like mantaray. sure org nak gi dive dgn i.

Bakawali said...

Glad that the Anak Gajah is back. But too bad for the equipment. Be careful la the next time, nasib baik it was not a Storm, if not sure never get back one! Btw, your (and my area) is notorious for 4 wheel theft!

As for the police, apa nak kata... Remember how they 'investigated' my car accident 2 years back. Same attitude! Why don't you write to the IGP stating your dissatisfaction and also to the press? Might not get your stuff back but at least puas hati. Want me to write? I am good at writing complaint letters :)

divechiefkaz said...

hahaha. tq for the offer bakawali. true, i got back anak gajah, but the bcd was something i hold very dear. anyway...s**t happens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails