Friday 16 March 2007

Memories.....



Recently, while looking for some important documents, I came across my old photo albums. They sure brought back memories, good and bad. Among the 'happy' photos were those from my ROTU or PALAPES (Tentera Darat) days back in USM.



(Left) - At 3 Artillery Camp in Kamunting during our annual training stint
(Middle) - Shooting competition where I represented 'Alpha' Company in M16 category

(Right) - A night out to Taiping town.


(Left) - Running from base to the top of Maxwell Hill
(Middle) - Photo after I came out from compass marching

(Right) - Strike a pose.


ROTU stands for 'Reserve Officers Training Unit' or its malay acronym PALAPES stands for 'Pasukan Latihan Pegawai Simpanan'. During the 3 years, one is groom to be an officer...and hopefully a gentleman. My number was 7503008. I was the IC (in-charge) for my level and also represented Alpha Company in the shooting competition.

(Left) - Cleaning my M16
(Middle) - Who's the fastest draw?
(Right) - Preparing to move out.


As a Cadet Officer, one is not allowed to use the bus. Instead you must use a taxi, plus you must be all dressed up in white shirt, tie and dark trousers whenever you leave the camp for a night out in town.


(Left) - 1st check point before entering the jungle
(Middle) - One of the check point
(Right) - Drill time



My proudest moment was when I was chosen as "Best Cadet Officer" and received the Combat Benet. Looking at the photos made me realised how time flies. Cannot believe that these photos were taken xx years ago.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Memories are forever either you like it or not :). Your story made me wanna look at my old albums.

free diVer said...

hahaha so cute!!

beza rupa!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails